CC No. 1 : A Date to Remember




salam uols
entry yg tertangguh – sepatutnya iols issue last week
Thursday 26th 2015
tapi iols kesibukan yg amat sangat
dah Sunday baru dapat issue… :D

so… last entry was on Tuesday
iols dah bebel pasal tempat keja yang lama dan baru
bukan mengumpat eh… hanya perbandingan katanya
keh keh keh

hari ni sambung bebel pasal tempat keja jugak
bukan pasal keja ye
pasal keja di lain tahun kita bincang ye uols
hak hak hak

one thing yg iols suker kat sini
ada toastmaster club atau i.e public speaking club
dgn ehsan pokcik gugel dengan kerjasama erat dari pokcik wiki :

Toastmasters International is a nonprofit educational organization that operates clubs worldwide for the purpose of helping members improve their communication, public speaking, and leadership skills.

tau dah mendenya toastmaster tu kan?
had nothing to do lah ngan roti bakar ke hapa ye
or yamseng laga2 gelas minum tu…
hak hak hak

those who know me – will know why i love this toastmaster
ye… iols kan suker membebel
peluang terbaik untuk membebel sambil di beri perhatian
dan jugak di perbetulkan apa yg tak betul
somemore itu utk memperbaiki my communication skill
not that i don’t know how to speak
tapi utk berkomunikasi dengan lebih berkesan dan dengan betul

mana nak dapat peluang membebel camtu
sokmo aje dah membebel kat umah
kesian anak2 ngan my hb tahan telinga dengar iols membebel

membebelkan staff pun – tak larat dah
masing2 dah besor – dah boleh jadik mak orang
bebel lebih2 theyols benci plak kat iols nanti kan????
so meh le membebel kat toastmaster club
wakakakakaka

second time iols attend the club meeting
the first time was two weeks ago….
since ahli baru – iols tak de le membebel tak tentu hala
senyum sokmo aje le…
caya tak??? ;P

iols hanya took part in Table Topic Speech
tu pun speech for a minute or two aje
pendek aje – dan topic pun di beri on-the-spot

2nd club meeting yg iols hadiri adalah last Wednesday
iols ambik bahagian dalam project speech
since ini adalah yang pertama kalinya buat iols
so kena buat icebreaking topic lah...

nope... yg ni pun tak de kena mengena ngan ais batu
ataupun ais kepal atau glasier kat kutub tu
hak tu jauh banget ye uols... :D

icebreaking adalah topik di mana kita bercakap tentang diri kita sendiri
ala... macam kat sekolah dulu2 tu..
buat karangan tulis pasal My Self
gitu.... kiranya sessi memperkenalkan diri lah...
walopon ada yg dah kenal dengan uols....
tapi harus gak melalui icebreaking ni
as a first time speaker
and the speech title – sendiri pilih lah…
i love it!

no rules really whether nak hafal ke
nak tulis atau baca script ke hapa
even nak guna cue card pun boleh jugak
few days earlier – vp education dah emel tanya pasal speech title

so below is my title – and my speech
it just a guideline actually, tapi since nak letak kat blog
iols tulis lah guna full sentence


CC No. 1 – Icebreaking
Title : A Date to Remember

What is date? If we check through the internet – the free dictionary website, the definition is quite long. Even the Webster dictionary having about the same definition.  I won’t be bothering you all with the definitions.  Most of us know what date is.  We use it every day in our life.

In my life, there are many important dates in my life. I remember them, the recent events and dates, while others that happened years ago, I have to depend on current gadgets to remind me! :D

4th January 1968 – do remember this date. It’s very important to me as I’m expecting gifts from you guys!

It’s the day I was born. I’ve asked Mr. Google what day was that – and was promptly informed it was Thursday – 3rd day of hari raya aidilfitri. Pity my mother have to abstinence herself from eating lemang, beef rendang and all. Not so considerate of me, eh???

I’m the fourth of five siblings. I have three sisters and one younger brother. All married and gifted with children.

21st May 1994 – my beloved mother passed away. Been 21 years without her. I still feel the pain of losing her. Still miss her. That feeling, the pain, the missnes and all will never go away. My eyes will get watery every time I’m thinking of this date, thinking of her, this one particular person that I resemble most, as my aunties and uncles fond of saying.

30th March 1996 – my father remarried. It was not something that he wanted, but something that we know is what he needed. He needs companion, a friend to talk to. It was a lonely life staying alone in a big house. It was really hard for him to do all the cooking, washing by himself on top of his daily labor work at his small ‘kebun’. He managed, and very good at it but he was lonely. We, the children lived quite far, Kelantan, Kedah, Shah Alam and KL.

A wonderful step mother, soft spoken and I have to say, she took care of my father extremely well. I love her. We love her. Currently she is staying with my younger brother. We have this kind of rotation in taking care of her. No fix date as from when to when she is to stay with us. Totally depend on her.

17th August 1996 – the year I got married. Not a smooth sailing in the beginning. I guess every married couple have the same – more or less, this kind of hurdle in their early years of marriage. Need a lot of patience and understanding from both parties to make it work.

Ok, I’m no marriage expert. Patience and understanding, that’s the least I know. Most of us have heard this idiom, it takes two to tango. So work it out!

21st September 1997 – my eldest daughter was born. When she was a baby, she was so chubby and fair that my family members called her potato. An avid reader, now wasting her time at home reading soapy novels!

27th August 2004 – a new addition to my family. A son this time and I was so bless! I still do!

A cheeky, naughty, a bit stubborn and healthy 10 year-old. Counting by year he is 11 this year.

He is not really 100% healthy though. Once in a while he gets asthma attack. If he does not overdo his roaming and romping around, he would be fine then.

10th March 2013 – the date that devastated my whole family. My darling father passed away. Half of my sunshine, my strength, my solid life foundation were taken away from me. For weeks I had the blank, loss and not knowing what to do kind of feeling. I am so thankful to my husband, my close family members for their continuous support and understanding during the tough time in my life; in their life too.

18th September 2014 – my father-in-law passed away. A very sad day indeed, and shattering news to us. It was so hard to believe as he was a healthy man. As far as I can remember, since I became the family member, he was admitted once, only one time to the hospital due to high fever. Which is not at all like my own father, who, relatively was a regular figure with hospitals or clinics.

One more date that I will remember, every year, every day since I get to know this one special man in my life. 25th January, every year – is his birthday. My husband. He is the opposite of me. I’m vocal, not so patient and all the negative traits while him, as I said, the opposite.

I hope as I get older day by day, I won’t forget these dates. As I mentioned earlier, they are very significant dates in my life. Dates that shape me into what I am today. Dates with history that I will always carry in my heart for my entire life, no matter what happened.

Those dates, it will added. I don’t know when or why at this moment. In fact, nobody knows when and what those dates will contain. The occasion, may it be upsetting, life wrecking or happy ones, I pray to god, to give me strength to face every each and every one of those coming dates. Insyaallah.



kalo baca gitu2 aje… memang dalam time zone yg ditetapkan lah
for icebreaking it would be 4 – 6 minutes
tapi – as i said – itu guideline
so masa iols bercerita tu….
ada yg tertinggal dan harus lah banyak tambahan isi kandungan
since iols masukkan skit jokes here and there
if not – my speech will be bored and I’m sure they will fall a sleep in an instant!
jadiknya – masa iols terbabas jauh uols!
13minit setengah – seoalah2 tu sessi mari bercerita iols jahhhh!
Kekdahnya uols….! ko mampooooo?
wakakakakaka

nasib tak kena sound kaw2 – maklum le newbies katanya
sound adalah selembut bayu gitu… hiks
and couse lah – next project – organize your speech
iols kena betul2 pastikan my time limit
tak bleh nak redah2 sesuka hati katanya…

hoccay uols… itu aje lah ye
lenkali iols sambung lagi lah
iols dah petang2 gini sibuk mendobi
banyak bawak balik baju kotor
maklum le…. Iols sekeluarga pi Langkawi during the weekend ;P

salam and adios
muahhhhhhhhhhhh n muahhhhhhhhhhh!~


Comments

Popular Posts